The Garden Rules. (yes, it does.)
Keep The Garden Clean
- Dispose of all trash
- Compost dead plants (no tomatoes, weeds or woody plants)
Do not Use Chemical Pest Killers or Non-Organic Fertilizers (e.g. Miracle Gro)
- A good rule of thumb: if you’re not sure, don’t use it until you ask someone.
- Come to work days and ask fellow gardeners for tips on organic gardening
- Visit the website often for new news.
- Join the Facebook fan page if you haven’t already.
- Use mulches such as straw, leaves, compost or buckwheat hulls.
- No not use hoses; please use watering cans.
- Pay attention when filling your watering can and be sure to turn off the spigot when you are finished filling up.
- Keep the gates open while you are in the garden.
- Actively invite curious community members to explore and answer inquiries about joining our community.
- Lock the gates if you are the last one out. Make sure the shed is locked, please, even if you did not open it.
Respect Each Other
- Do not harvest from other people’s plots without permission.
- Return all communal gardening supplies to their proper location.
Be Fair With Land
- There is a waitlist for plots. Only the Garden Manager may give out plots.
- Plots are non-transferrable to family or friends upon termination of membership.
Tend Your Plot
- If you go out of town, ask someone to tend your plot.
- Tidy your plot for winter by removing dead plants and planting a cover crop.
- Untended plots will be reassigned by the Garden Manager following due notification
- If you find that you are unable to tend your plot, please tell the Garden Manager by the end of July so a new gardener can plant for the Fall Season.
Come To Work Days And Garden Meetings
- Workdays will be scheduled throughout the season.
- Notification of select mandatory workdays and meetings will be posted on the website, to a mailing list and posted on the bulletin board at the garden.
- Please keep your information current with the Garden Manager.
Know The Rules
- The Garden Manager will contact you if s/he believes you are in breach of the above listed rules, agreed to in your contract.
- The Fox Point Community Garden retains the right to terminate any membership by majority vote of the Garden Board.
- If you would like to become a member of the garden, retain or move your plot, please use our wait list registry form and we’ll see what’s available for you.