Hello gardeners and supporters of gardening and lovers of Fox Point!
We have the following dates set for the summer:
Potluck #1 Monday, June 26, 6pm
Workday #2 Saturday / Sunday, July 8/9; Raindate: July 15/16
Wednesday, July 19, 6pm Thursday, July 27, 6pm
Potluck #3 Friday, September 1 6pm
Harvest Party – We need input for what dates are best, but we’re looking at
- Thursday, Sept. 28,
- Thursday, Oct. 5, or
- Thursday, Oct. 12
Please cast your vote here: http://doodle.com/poll/
Thank you so much for your participation and efforts in our awesome, unique, and super-amazing garden.
- wear sturdy shoes, long pants / sleeves / gloves / apron;
- bring hand tools and /or electric tools like cordless drills if you have them.
- bring any helpful tools, especially tools that chop, pull, cut, or hold things together.
Here is a list of the plots needing work:
18- replace plot frame
44-replace plot frame
47/48 consult James before repair
64- replace irregular shaped plot frame
74- custom repair
- Wait Listers are expected to put in 2 hours work before being assigned a plot.
- Gardeners are advised to wear sturdy footwear, gloves are advised.
- Bring charged cordless drills to work on building projects.
- There are presently no chips to spread., but there are abundant weeds to pull in all pathways, fence line exterior, terrace, and common areas.
- All weeds are to be bagged in brown leaf bags.
- Old boards and other wood debris goes out next to the green trash barrel on the ground. The barrel is for trash only.
- Remove all obstacles from pathways.
- Chop and compact compost in compost bins, both ends of garden.
- Tidy/organize shed. (See Kimbly)
- Prepare and erect new signage.
- Paint new signs.
I want to remind you to send in your contracts if you haven’t yet already.
I also want to thank you for your patience. If you haven’t heard back from anybody about your plot, not to worry; if there’s any trouble, you will hear about it.