It’s only two weeks away to our annual seed swap at the Portuguese American Social Club (32 Sheldon), from 6-8pm.
Things you can do at the seed swap:
- Trade collected heirloom seeds (no collected hybrids*, please)
- Trade purchased heirloom or hybrid seeds
- Renew your plot for the 2017 season
- Make a gourd planter (wow!)
- Bring and eat snacks
- Buy yourself and your neighbor drinks (to support the PASC)
- See some of your old pals!
- Ask and answer precious and burning gardening questions…
- and certainly more!
Need a flyer for your fridge? Print one here: .pdf for printing
* We don’t allow trading of hybrids simply because one cannot know which trait the plants will take once germinated; there is nothing wrong with hybrids overall, but collected hybrid seeds should not be traded.
For all collected seeds, please note any information you have about them: what kind of plant is it? How long does it take to germinate? To harvest? Full sun or part? Drought tolerant or swamp lover? This information helps everybody.
The Portuguese-American Social Club has been very supportive to us over the years. Please support them in return by buying a drink (they have a full bar, plus sodas and water, too) to thank them for their continued support.
The contract is going to change slightly, so it is very important that when you renew your plot, that you read it completely.
Once the contract is finalized, it will be emailed to you to either fill out ahead of time or bring with you to the Seed Swap. We will, obviously, have copies there, too.
Thanks, and see you soon!