Mark your calendars, folks! Our fourth annual seed swap is scheduled for Tuesday, February 11, 6-8pm at the Portuguese-American Social Club at 32 Sheldon St, just about a block up the hill from The Coffee Exchange.
Download and print your Seed Swap 2014 for your neighbor or your fridge!
As always, our seed swap is free and open to the public. If you are a member of the garden, this is your opportunity to renew your contract for 2014. If you are interested in becoming a member, it’s a good time to meet some of our members and get a sense of our community. We would be grateful if you could bring the following:
- Purchased, old, or collected heirloom seeds.
- Purchased and/or old hybrid seeds (see more info re: hybrids below)
- As much information as you have regarding the seeds you have.
- A light finger food / snack to share.
- Money, should you be wanting to renew your plot and to buy your neighbor a drink…
- Coin envelopes & Sharpie markers.
And the Do Not Bring list…
- Please do not bring collected hybrid seeds. Hybrids in original packets are fine, but collected hybrids don’t put out consistent fruit, so they’re a planting / space crap-shoot.
I would like to take a moment to extend our gratitude to the Portuguese – American Social Club for graciously donating their upstairs space for all of our events, including winter-time board meetings. For the entire time I have been at the garden, they have provided their space, and I’m certain it’s been longer than I’ve been around that they’ve been doing so. If you’re in the neighborhood, drop in and let them know they are appreciated: buy somebody a drink if not yourself! You can also support the PASC by donating to the Bethany Rose Cyr Memorial Fund.