Thought you guys might like to know about this:
A Community of Gardeners explores the vital role of seven community gardens in Washington, D.C. as sources of fresh, nutritious food, outdoor classrooms, links to immigrants’ homelands, places of healing, centers of social interaction and oases of beauty and calm in inner-city neighborhoods. The documentary also traces the history of community gardens in the United States, from the potato patch farms of the late 19th century, to the victory gardens of World War II, to community gardening’s current renaissance.
PBS Broadcasts in November and December
LizFalk7thStreetGarden72Several PBS stations will be airing A Community of Gardeners in November and December, beginning with
- WHUT inWashington, D.C. on Thursday, November 8 at 10 p.m.
- WOUB Public Media in Athens, Ohio will broadcast the filmon November 19 at 8 p.m.
- KCTS in Seattle, Washington will air the program on November 22 at 12 p.m. and
- UEN-TV in Salt Lake City, Utah will air the documentary on November 24 at 9 p.m.
- A Community of Gardeners will be shown in December on WLAE in New Orleans and on
- Rhode Island PBS.
For exact dates and times, please visit the film’s Broadcasts page. To receive notifications of future television air dates, please subscribe to the RSS feed on the Broadcasts page.