Hungarian Mushroom Soup is one of our favorite soups to make. We actually discovered this soup at the East Side Market in Providence a couple years ago and decided we had to make this for ourselves. Our recipe is based on the Moosewood Cookbook recipe except we add a bit more paprika. Paprika is the secret ingredient to making pretty much any meal AWESOME. Anyway, here is our recipe:
Recipe: Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 12 oz. mushrooms (about 1 1/2 packages), sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons paprika (more is good!)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 big pinch of salt
- 1 big pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute the onion and garlic. Add to soup pot with water and bouillon.
- Mix flour and milk. Add to pot.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Right before serving, add the sour cream.
Cooking time (duration): 60
Diet type: Vegetarian
Dietary restriction: Buddhist
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner