Here’s what’s going on this month at the Fox Point Community Garden:
- Open Garden Day and Potluck, Saturday Sept. 12th: all Providence community gardeners are invited to join in the first-ever city-wide garden celebration! Tour some of the twelve gardens that are opening up their gates for the day, and join in on the potluck festivities from 5-7pm at the Bridgham St. Community Garden. (posters w/ more details available at garden)
- Fox Point Potluck, Sunday Sept. 13th 6pm: bring something to share and come get to know your fellow gardeners!
- Harvest Party and Fundraiser, Thursday Oct. 22nd, 6-8pm. 32 Sheldon St.
If you have food in your plot that you aren’t eating please donate it to someone who will! Every Friday morning volunteers collect our extra produce and donate it to the food pantry at Camp St. Ministries. If you are okay with a volunter harvesting from your plot, please email Renee with instructions: email@example.com
The band is booked and the site is all set, now it’s your turn to help:
- Silent Auction items: goods, services, art, gift cards, and more! Think about what you can donate and email it to me before October 1st.
- October 15th: Short planning meeting @ the garden, tasks for the day of party are assigned
- October 22nd 6-8pm. 32 Sheldon St.: Come enjoy the party, and bring your family and friends ! ! !
Common Ground: the Terrace
The terrace is a common area for us all – this year we decided that we’d grow produce to donate. There are also herbs that anyone can take! Thanks to everyone who has helped care for the terrace. It has been freshly weeded and is ready for some fall/winter crops! If you are planting in your plot (carrots, beets, kale, collards etc.) please plant a a little in the terrace too! And label it!
See you at the garden,